Public seminar: Melbourne global Univer-city - 28 Nov 2016
What can Melbourne’s tertiary institutions do to shape the city’s future?
Please register if you plan on attending this event.
Time: 6:00-7:30pm, Monday 28 November
Venue: Melbourne Town Hall, 90-120 Swanston St (see map below)
Tertiary education creates the careers of the future, engages international students, and makes Melbourne a global city. This seminar discusses the major role tertiary education must play in generating future capabilities, infrastructure and resources. What can Melbourne’s tertiary institutions do to create the city’s future, and how does place relate to other ingredients of successful tertiary culture.
- The Hon John Brumby (Professorial Fellow at both the University of Melbourne and Monash University and former Premier of Victoria)
- Ms Sally Capp (Victorian Executive Director, Property Council of Australia)
- Ms Wesa Chau (Director, Cultural Intelligence)
- Professor Peter Dawkins (Vice-Chancellor and President, Victoria University)
- Ms Jane Favaloro (Manager, Study Melbourne)
- Dr Aung Ko Win (Senior Research Fellow, The University of Melbourne)
- Chair: Professor Hamish Coates (Professor of Higher Education, The University of Melbourne)
This is a Melbourne Conversations event presented in partnership with the University of Melbourne Centre for the Study of Higher Education (see the CSHE event announcement).